Thursday, December 13, 2012

Christmas Countdown: Day 13




Tonight we curled up on the couch and watched a Christmas movie. I picked tonight's movie - The Nutcracker.  The Nutcracker ballet has long been one of my favorite holiday memories. When I was a young girl I would go to a live performance each year with my mom. I remember it always being so magical - the crowd, they city, getting dressed up, the story, the music, the dancers... I loved every bit of it. Tonight's pick of The Nutcracker was my way of introducing Alora to one of my favorite childhood memories since I know she's still a little too young to sit through a ballet. But next year....!

Update-----
As soon as I hit publish on this post, Alora, too, became lost in the magic of The Nutcracker and decided to treat us to a little performance. My little Sugar Plum.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...