Friday, March 23, 2012

Moon


Some days, I think my photo-a-day challenge is just a fun little challenge that I've given myself and results are, well, silly and fun,  like here and here. But days like today make me so grateful that I've decided to do this (and have stuck with it!).

To preface, today's photo prompt was "moon." But since today's weather is cloudy, foggy and overcast, I knew there would be no moon photo tonight. I was ready to write this one off an play hooky for the night. But then the word moon presented itself in an unexpected place.  

On most nights, Ali's bedtime routine would have come and gone and the evening for Jake and I would have continued as usual. We had our dinner, washed up, played for awhile. I rocked Ali while Jake opened a book. Tonight's choice was "On The Night You Were Born, " one of our favorites. It wasn't until we got a few pages in that we noticed that Alora was pointing out the moon on each page while Jake read. And there it was, I found my "moon!" So I grabbed my phone and not only completed my challenge for the day, but I now have a captured memory of a precious moment that would haven otherwise gone unnoticed. 

On the night you were born,
The moon smiled with such wonder 
That the stars peaked in to see you
And the night wind whispered, 
"Life will never be the same."
                                                   -On The Night You Were Born, by Nancy Tillman

Moon: This post is part of my photo-a-day challenge. Read more about it here.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...