Sunday, February 28, 2010

Nesting

I've heard that women in their second trimester will go through a nesting phase, getting everything in the house ready for the baby to come, preparing freezer meals, getting caught up on laundry. Well, I think it might be happening to me, at least in small doses. Saturday I woke up at 5:55am and the first thing that popped into my head was "I really want to clean the shower." Not need to, but want to. Just so you know, this is not typically something I enjoy doing, especially at 6:00 on a Saturday morning. Anyway, I got up and cleaned the shower, took out the garbage, did a few loads of laundry, swept the floors, and made a batch of blueberry muffins (Don't get too impressed. They were from a box.) all before Jake woke up. It was really pretty nice. I actually enjoyed doing a few chores around the house and it felt good to have them done when we went out later in the day.
Saturday night we picked up my parents from the airport. They've been in Mexico for almost a month. Needless to say, I'm a little jealous of suntan lotion smell and sunny glow they brought with them. They left early this morning after enjoying a few blueberry muffins and coffee. Our dog Cosmo was pretty sad to see them leave since my dad is his absolute favorite buddy. He's been sitting on the couch sulking since they left.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...