Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween, Chicago Style!

 Happy Halloween, everyone! Alora went trick-or-treating for the first time this year. And although she still thinks it has something to do with our dog Cosmo (I think the word "treat" throws her off), she had a great time! Her current favorite movie is Kung Fu Panda, so we went with it... minus the kung fu part. I found a $1 hat a Wal Mart and sewed on some felt eyes, nose and ears. The rest is clothing she already had.



The businesses in our Lincoln Square neighborhood have a great set up for kids. All of the stores give out candy, so you don't have to worry about knocking on some strangers door. They also had a photo booth, scary story reading and pumpkin decorating. It was the perfect setting for her age.




It sometimes catches me off guard how different Alora's and my childhood are. I grew in a small town where I knew almost everyone, and Alora is growing up in one of the biggest cities in the country. Although we don't plan on staying in the city forever, I think the lifestyle suits her for now.



We trick-or-treated for about an hour and then our little one tuckered out. 

 
So we re-fuled with some McDonald's and enjoyed some candy on the stroll home.



Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...