Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Keepsake Cards

So, Alora came to me the other day and she said "What am I supposed to do with ALL of these thoughtful cards I got for my first birthday?"

 
So I thought about it and hunted around google and blogland until I found this link on pinterest and thought I'd try it out.  Here's our simple solution for keepsake card storage.

Step 1.} Round up all of your cards.


Step 2.} Make a template and start punching holes.



Step 3. Match up the holes and add some binder clips to secure everything together.


Step 4.} Enjoy your new keepsake!


I'd like to add a tag that has the date of Ali's first bithday and maybe a ribbon or charm to the binder rings, but that can be added down the road. For now, I'm just happy to have the cards out of our ever growing "to tend to" pile.  And Alora has been going through her new "book" every night, pointing and "oohing" at all of the pretty pictures.


This will also be a great project for Ali's birth cards, holiday greetings, wedding cards... I might need some more binder rings.

1 comment:

Hillary said...

Matia, I love your blog!!! It makes me smile to see what you are up to. Ali is a doll of course. Miss you lots and keep blogging!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...