For some other news, I had family from the Milwaukee area come down to visit on Saturday. We had a great time and it was SO nice to see everyone. My cousin Maddy, who is 13 and just starting to babysit, got in some good practice with Alora. And Alora just loved her! She was wore out from all the smiling she did with her and fell asleep on her shoulder. :0) Too sweet...
My parents stuck around through Sunday afternoon. The weather was perfect so we got my flowers dug up and the deck cleared off. We then took a walk through Lincoln Square. Once again, I owe them - they supplied almost all of the food for the weekend, helped with Cosmo and took care of some little projects around the house. Thank you, mom and dad!!
So, here are my 5 reasons to be happy today:
1. I had a great weekend with family!
2. Our house is clean and decluttered at the moment (I wish it could last...)
3. I am SO SO excited that our friends Kelly and Dave are expecting a little one in April!!
4. The fall weather has been absolutely perfect.
5. Alora's great big smiles.