Monday, May 3, 2010

Where to Begin...

Holy buckets! It's been forever since I've made a post and of course now we don't have internet until Friday at our place. So I'm sneaking in a quick post, just so you know I'm still here. We have been SO busy lately. Here's a quick run down of what we've been up to (and my excuse for not posting in such a long time!):
In late March/early April Jake and I celebrated our birthdays by going out to our favorite Mexican restaurant. We spent Easter weekend in Oregon with Jake's family and I went out with the mom's to do a little baby registering. It was SO helpful to have them both along. On April 6th, I started my 6th month of pregnancy and later that week we drove up to MN for a packed weekend that included our first baby shower and a birthday party for Jake's grandma Pat. It was a lot of fun and so nice to see everyone! We came home with a car full of baby "oohs and ahhs". :0) That next week, Jake and I spent each night painting our office, getting it ready to become an office/guest room. Once it was painted (and I love the color!) Jake's family came down to help us move all the furniture around. That same weekend, our new entertainment center was delivered. I was so nervous about it because we ordered it online and had not seen it in person. But I could not be happier - it turned out perfect! So Jake's mom Kathy and I spend the day getting it set up and rearranging a few things around the house. Between our 2 families helping out, our place is finally coming together! It feels so good to come home to a place where I love being! After that exhausting weekend, we had another Dr's apointment. All is well and as it should be. Over the last weekend in April, I went up to Spring Green for my friend Sara's bridal shower. It was great to see all of the SG friends again. And realized that I hadn't been home to my parents' since Thanksgiving so it was nice to just hang out there for a while. I even managed to get in a much needed nap. This past weekend we had yet another busy one. We met up with some friends on Friday night for a while and I took a photography class on Saturday. On Sunday Jake and I went out and ran some errands and then I worked in the office for sevral hours, getting it set back up. I just have a few more boxes of papers to go through and then it will be done!
I also have the "theme" of the nursery finally figured out. I'm going to go off of the above painting by Kim Parker, one of my favorite artists, who I just discovered also has this great children's art. Once we get the internet back at home, I'll post lots of photos of our newly painted bedroom and office, the new living room set up with the entertainment center and progress of the nursery. Only 14 more weeks until this little girl is due, so I better get crackin'! I also have to paint the kitchen, paint the bathroom, paint the nursery, plant flowers.....

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Hi Matia-

I would love to see a picture of your entertainment center. We are on the lookout for one as well!

Love your blog!

Sarah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...