Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Could It Be?!?

Hooray for week 17! I can hardly believe we're almost 1/2 way through this pregnancy. Thankfully I've been feeling MUCH better lately. And I've even been able to stay up a little later at night.

According to "What to Expect When You're Expecting", the little thing is about 4.5" long now and is developing its own finger prints. And the really cool thing is that it can hear! So Jake and I went out and purchased our fist bedtime book, "Guess How Much I Love You." It's really very sweet. I read it the other night and, surprise, was in tears by the end. Hello pregnancy emotions. This also happened when a movie preview came on for a movie that I've already seen (which is in no way sad!) Jake thinks it's hilarious to see my eyes well up for no good reason, and all I can do is laugh/sob along with him.

As for cravings, I am so over the orange juice phase and on to chocolate milk. I've had to start doubling the amount of milk I buy at the store. Even Jake, who's a big fan of chocolate milk, is a little disgusted by the amount I've been drinking... Speaking of, I could really go for a glass right now.

And could it be?! I think I might be feeling some little movements. I happened first on Friday night. It felt like a muscle twitch or like someone was drumming their fingers on my lower stomach. It happened again Saturday and Sunday morning. I've felt a few flutters since then, but not quite as noticeable. So I guess I'll have to get back to you in a few weeks to either confirm that I have been feeling kicks, or if the real kick have started. But either way, it's pretty exciting.

Our next appointment is this Thursday. We should be able to hear the heartbeat this time. And at the following appointment we should be able to find out if we're having a girl or a boy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...