Sunday, September 27, 2009

I dredged myself to the grocery story last Sunday afternoon. I HATE grocery shopping. It is one of my most dreaded household activities. It's right up there with cleaning toilets, but at least that is over in 5 minutes. So I treated myself to some nice flowers from the $4 bin. I say $4 is worth a little pick-me-up every now and then.
So while I was there I got the brilliant idea to make guacamole (for the first time) to have as an afternoon snack. I was all excited, called a friend for the ingredients, zig-zagged across the entire store at least 4 times and when I got to the parking lot, realized I forgot the limes. Go figure. So I called Jake and he said we have no limes at home, but we do, for some reason, have a giant bottle of lime juice. That will work! So I get home and start dissecting the avocados. Mind you, these are the first avocados I've ever purchased and needless to say, I did not know what I was doing. It wasn't until I got through cutting up and attempting to mash 2 of the avocados that I realized you don't want them to be rock hard when you buy them and had I read the helpful little sticker on each of them that says "ripe when soft" I would have known that these were Not good avocados. So off to the store I went, again. This time I went to the smaller and much less hectic market down the street. I got 3 deliciously soft avocados and to my amazement, I remembered the limes. By the time I got it all prepared, it was late enough to consider the guacamole dinner. So I enjoyed it with a few beers and called it a night.

And now that it's Sunday again, I'm trying to mentally prepare myself for another grocery store adventure.

On Friday night we went to the Big Shoulder Fund ball. I was asked to help design the invitations again this year and as a a thanks we go free tickets. I've never been to anything like this before but we had a blast! The fundraiser was at the Museum of Contemporary Art downtown, followed by a VIP club party, a late night country music bar and breakfast. I was so tired yesterday and my entire body ached from all the dancing but it was worth it. A good time was had by all.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...