In case you're new around these parts (welcome!!!), I'll fill you in on Happy Mondays. I started doing these posts a few years ago when Mondays were, well, Mondays. So instead of thinking "ugh, Monday again" I started a (semi-)tradition of listing five or so things that I have to be greateful, things that make me happy, or memories that make me smile from the past few days.
So here are my happy five for the day:
1. We had our first no-plan weekend in ages, maybe months. While I love having company and going places, it was soooo nice to take a breather.
2. We got a bunch of paperwork on our house buying/selling process completed. (So stressful and so relieved to be closer to the finish line!)
3. We had not one, but two painting parties over the weekend. I even came up with a little sumthin' sumthin' myself that I am using as my new phone background. I kind of love it. Who knew crayola water colors could be so fun?
4. We went to our favorite diner for breakfast: pancakes, eggs, coffee, bacon, omelets, sausage... Need I say more?
5. We had a great movie night on Saturday. And we didn't have to watch Toy Story. Love that movie, but we watch it all.the.time. We've ventured on to Ice Age.
6. I gave Jake a haircut. (Gulp) We've been trying to save money here and there and this is one (ridiculous) way we thought we could save money. And while we have saved money, it takes a lot of time. A lot. Since I
7. My parents are visiting tonight! Alora ran to the window as soon as I told her the news.