Tuesday, October 16, 2012

The New White Car and Other Ali-Talk


No, I don't have a new car, but we have a fancy new rental and I'm loving all the extra room of 3 row seating! Maybe a minivan is in our future yet... After dropping off our car to get fixed (I got rear-ended last week), this was our conversation upon pulling up in front of our house.

Alora: "No home. No. New white car."
Me: "You don't want to go home?
Alora: "No home. New white caaaaaar." (with awe and wonder in her voice)
Me: "You like our new car, huh? Should we keep driving?"
Alora: "Yes." (eagerly nods) "Shopping"

So we took a spin to the grocery store. Since then, she's been running to the car each morning on our way out the door and pets the doors. Must be love...

Purple wings and a grass skirt up to your arm pits - you can't go wrong with this look.

In other "Ali-Talk" news, we realized that "Boo-ba-ba" as in "Pumpkin boo-ba-ba" (of course) is her way of saying "Bippity-boppity-boo." Hal! I was actually impressed with my baby whispering skills on this one. It only took me an afternoon to figure out what she was saying. 


We had a quick visit from Jake's brother and his girlfriend a few days back. When I told Alora who was coming, she said, "Nate has big nose. Katie has little nose. Katie has preeeeeety nose." The girl was completely enamored with Katie their whole visit. I'm pretty sure Alora thinks she's a princess. I have no idea why she got hung up on their noses though...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...