Monday, November 21, 2011

It Really Works!

The other day I completely burnt a batch of cookies. I'm really not sure what happened since my temp and timing was right. Anyway, they looked great, except for the black bottoms.

This kind of thing seems to happen to me more often than not so it's no surprise that I took note of this little tip:

I had remembered seeing a trick on Pinterest (my new obsession) and tried it out myself. You just give your baked goods a few swipes on a cheese grater and the charred part comes right off, leaving a perfectly edible cookie, muffin bread loaf, etc. And you know what? It worked like a charm! Pinterest to the rescue.


The cookies below are a good before and after example. The batch was saved and after we dipped them in milk, or as Alora says "Dip dip dip!" in a little bird-cheep voice, they were perfect!




I mentioned Pinterest above. If you haven't heard of it, you must check it out. It allows you to "pin" any image on the web into one place so you can easily go back to find it. It's a great resource for inspiration, recipes, fashion, decorating, you name it. 

 You can find decorating inspiration like this:

via

 Recipes like this:

via

And even random things like this:

via

You can follow all of my pins here or better yet, start your own account. Enjoy!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...