Sunday, June 20, 2010

Meet Gladys

We're finishing up week 33 with another great weekend. I can hardly believe I only have 7 weeks left (give or take a few). Time has flown by but I can definitely understand how people are really ready to have the baby once the end is near. Apart from the constant back ache, sore hips and stiff legs, her movements have started to feel less like cute little kicks and more like a rhinoceros rolling around inside me. And she seems to enjoy spending much of her "awake" time beating up my right side or using my bladder as a trampoline. When I'm at work, I sometimes feel the need to keep a hand on my belly so I don't alarm people with all the movement! Her kicks, rolls and squirms are clearly visible to anyone who's looking at my belly. It's crazy! I think Jake is even getting a little afraid of how much she's moving. When she's really on the move, he'll see my belly dancing around and almost shutter. Ha ha!

Jake and I have also decided on a name. And no, we're still not telling until she's born. This has been driving the soon-to-be grandparents crazy so my dad has started calling her Gladys, I think out of spite. :0) Since then, the nickname has stuck, poor girl. However, it is fitting since the August birth flower is the gladiola...

Jake was out of town with some friends so my mom came down to visit. We spent the evenings outside on the patio with Cosmo and enjoyed the beautiful weather. Friday afternoon I also had a breastfeeding class at the hospital. It was pretty interesting and I learned a lot. So, we'll see how it all goes... This week we have our birthing class on Tuesday and Thursday. Saturday was a busy day. We had a big list that included finding a decent looking maternity dress for 2 upcoming weddings this summer and some bras. I've been putting of buying new bras for as long as I could, telling myself that I couldn't possible have gotten any bigger... boy was I wrong. To make a long story short, I am now feeling much more comfortable and the "girls" are much happier. Today we finished up the weekend with another quick shopping trip. We had a few returns and exchanges and ended up at Old Navy, oohing and ahhing over the ridiculously cute baby clothes. I think I could get into a lot of trouble shopping for this girl... My goal for this week is to get all of her little clothes washed up so they are ready for her to wear when she decides to make her appearance.
And here's a shot of the nursery in progress. I'm in love with this room. Jake will find me in there in the evenings just smiling. I'm so happy with how it's all coming together without being overly themed. It think it's a room she'll definitely be able to grow in. And I couldn't be happier with how the mural turned out. It took quite a bit longer that I expected since it required 2 coats of paint. But I just love how soft and dreamy it looks.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...